Liverpool Victoria, also known under the branding “LV=”, is the largest friendly society in the UK. A friendly society is a group of individuals that come together to pool resources for the purposes of insurance, pensions, savings, or banking. Such institutions were popular prior to the rise of welfare services provided by governments. Though friendly societies have largely moved away from their roots, some larger ones continue to exist by operating as mutual companies. This is the manner by which Liverpool Victoria operates. As such, Liverpool Victoria is not traded publicly, and is instead owned by its 1.1 million members. Liverpool Victoria offers a wide array of financial services, including insurance options, life assurance, investment management, and until recently provided loan and credit card services.
Liverpool Victoria offers general insurance products for automotive, travel, pet, home, and small business purposes. These policies are sold to the public directly, or through various insurance brokerages in the UK.
What and Who Will Liverpool Victoria Insure?
Basic car insurance coverage from Liverpool Victoria insures vehicles manufactured for sale in the UK (not imports) that are primarily driven in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, or the Channel Islands, and used for private, non-commercial purposes. Drivers must be legal to drive, between the ages of 17 and 85, and residents of mainland UK, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, or the Channel Islands.
What Features and Benefits Does Liverpool Victoria Car Insurance Offer?
There are three major plans often selected by Liverpool Victoria customers.
Third Party Only coverage offers unlimited third party injury liability coverage, automatic coverage in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands, and up to £20,000,000 in coverage for possible damages to third party property.
The next policy, Third Party Fire and Theft cover, includes unlimited third party injury liability coverage, automatic coverage in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands, and up to £20,000,000 in coverage for possible damages to third party property. In addition, this policy covers loss or damage to the insured vehicle due to fire and/or theft, and coverage for audio, telephone, and satellite navigation equipment located in the vehicle.
Comprehensive coverage includes unlimited third party injury liability coverage, automatic coverage in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands, and up to £20,000,000 in coverage for possible damages to third party property, covers loss or damage to the insured vehicle due to fire and/or theft, and covers for audio, telephone, and satellite navigation equipment located in the vehicle. In addition, this plan covers accidental damage to the insured vehicle, a personal accident benefit, up to £200 coverage of personal belongings in the vehicle, up to £250 per person for medical expenses, new car replacement if the vehicle is under 12 months old, and windscreen and window replacement.
What Optional Coverage Can I Add to My Liverpool Victoria Car Insurance Coverage?
Liverpool Victoria offers add-on coverages, such as:
● Motor Legal Expenses Cover: Pays for up to £100,000 of reasonable legal costs to defend against prosecution arising from an incident arising from vehicle usage, or reasonable legal costs to pursue a civil claim for losses due to an accident involving your vehicle, including those resulting in injury or death. This benefit is available at a total cost of £24.90 per year.
● Extra European Union Car Insurance Cover: Though the basic coverage offered by Liverpool Victoria offers the minimum compulsory insurance required to drive in the European Union. Extension of full coverage to driving within the European Union (for up to 180 days) is available for £19.90 per year.
● Courtesy Car Coverage: Whenever your car is being repaired by a selected repair service, Liverpool Victoria will give you a guaranteed courtesy car for up to 14 days. A courtesy car will also be provided if your car is damaged beyond repair and cannot be driven, or if your car is stolen and has not been recovered.
● Increased Personal Accident Cover: This covers you, and your spouse or civil partner if they suffer an injury while travelling in, or getting in or out of any car. Injuries resulting in death, loss of limbs, or loss of sight will yield a £100,000 benefit. This costs £19.90 per year.
● Road Rescue Cover: Liverpool Victoria also provides excellent Road Rescue coverage via their sister company, Britannia Rescue. For as low as £27 per year, Road Rescue coverage may be added to any Liverpool Victoria Car Insurance product. Or, it may be purchased as a standalone product for as low as £29 per year. This coverage offers 5 varying levels of Road Rescue coverage depending on your needs. The most basic plans provide roadside assistance anywhere more than ¼ mile from your home, and transport to a garage if repairs cannot correct the vehicle’s fault at the roadside. More comprehensive plans include assistance if the vehicle fails to start at home, guaranteed transportation to anywhere in the UK, hire car, alternative transport, or overnight accommodation options, rail ticket reimbursement, coverage outside the UK, and personal liability coverage.
Are There Discounts for Good Drivers?
Yes. There is a no claims discount for those with good driving records, provided that you can provide proof of no claims with a previous insurer. Additionally, four consecutive years of no-claims driving with Liverpool Victoria allows you to guarantee your No Claim Discount. In addition, further discounts are available to customers that purchase multiple products from Liverpool Victoria, or insure multiple vehicles with Liverpool Victoria.
Where Can I Obtain Liverpool Victoria Car Insurance?
Liverpool Victoria Car Insurance products are available directly from Liverpool Victoria, or through authorized insurance brokerages in the UK.
To obtain a quote on Car Insurance products, simply visit Liverpool Victoria’s website at LV.com, or visit a local Liverpool Victoria location. Obtaining a quote is simple and easy, especially if obtained online. The Liverpool Victoria web sitehas all the information you need to make an informed decision about your car insurance options.